Friday, March 20, 2015

Noteflight

This is my review on Noteflight

I created a copy of Bicycle Built For Two and embed it below.



      When I was watching the tutorial videos, I was thinking “This looks too easy. I know there are going to be problems to watch out for when doing this assignment” .  However, I was impressed how easy it was for me to do the assignment. I did not use a midi keyboard to input the notes, I chose to use the mouse feature and the typing keyboard feature. I liked how I did not have to select a  voicing part when I needed to notate two or three notes on the same beat. If I wanted to add or delete measures, I just moved my cursor to the top of the measure to find a plus or minus button to click for the addition or reduction of a measure. When I need to add more measures, the last measure would add another measure while I was started to input notes in the last measure that was present. Everything was user friendly to access. 

     My students would do well with this program due to it being user friendly.  They would explore all options, and I would have some complaining that they did not have access to all the instrument voicing, if was unable to purchase the teacher package. 
However, some students would need to have a “one on one” time with them to be successful in using Noteflight.

     Recently my students finished a keyboard and recorder unit. In both unit studies, I had my students compose a four measure phrase with a partner, then they had to play their composition to their classmates. I had some students who did well playing back their composition, however I had some students who were struggling to play their compositions. If my students had access to this program, it would help them to hear how there composition should be performed, and help them to play more fluently.  

No comments:

Post a Comment