Saturday, May 2, 2015

OneNote

I was blown away while I was watching the tutorials on OneNote. I was thinking, "Wow I could benefit from using a tool like this!" During one of the video tutorial, an email was sent to me and my Outlook box  icon on my work computer showed that I  received an email. So I open up Outllook, low and behold there was OneNote icon in my Outlook. I wished that my work computer had the ability to do screen shots because I would have included this in my blog. All day long at work I was soo excited that I had this tool for my use!
At the end of my workday I turned on my personal computer and looked at Outlook notice that I have OneNote located there as well. "Oh the JOY!!" I then asked my husband if he had hear of OneNote he causally states "Yes, it the new craze at his work." I asked him if he uses it or what his co works think about OneNote. He tells me that his coworker use OneNote for their "To Do" lists. He does not use it personally, but is interested in knowing more about OneNote.

What is OneNote?
According to Wikipedia"OneNote is a computer program for free-form information gathering and multi-user collaboration. It gathers users' notes (handwritten or typed), drawings, screen clippings and audio commentaries. Notes can be shared with other OneNote users over the Internet or a network. OneNote is available as a part of the Microsoft Office suite" .

Since I have this tool on my laptop, I opened OneNote,but I was not able to access it. A prompt on my computer screen informed me that I need to be connected to the Internet to have access. So I, enabled the internet  opened OneNote. Then another prompt informs me that I needed to sync OneNote, I synced OneNote. Then  I was able to have access to OneNote. (Yea!)
For this blog I am going make  a reminder for my upcoming 5th Grade Concert.

First I go to Outlook and open up my calender for May.
Next I will click on the date and add the event. I have chosen to include Monday May 11th to help remind me that I need to inform my school custodian Zach about setting up the chairs in the gym for Tuesday's performance. I also included a reminder to text or call my husband that I will be home late on Tuesday. Since he cooks dinner for me, he will appreciate the reminder that he does not have to make dinner that night.

There are other tasks that you can use OneNote. Lesson planning, invite other to share you OneNote book page.
Over all, I am excited that I have this product at my disposal. I am looking forward to using this tool for lesson collaboration, reminders, and keeping down on the paper clutter in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment